2018-2019 job opportunities (Click on Job Interest)
Discovery Charter School is Currently Hiring for the Following Positions. Applications are now being accepted.
To apply: Email cover letter and resume to: email@example.com
Attention: Human Resources
Date Closing: Open until filled
Start Date: July 1st, 2018
Hours: Monday-Friday 8 hrs/day 8 AM- 4 PM
Starting pay $16.00 per hour (increases based on performance)
Perform general cleaning duties in and around the school building and grounds. Perform minor maintenance and repairs as needed, grounds keeping, work with service companies as needed. Develop and maintain an efficient and effective schedule to maintain building.
Essential job functions:
· General daily cleaning; vacuuming, sweep floors, mop spills, clean bathrooms, change paper towels, toilet paper, soap dispensers.
· Minor building improvements; painting, plumbing, heating and cooling systems, ventilation and electrical issues not requiring an outside contractor.
· Daily Maintenance; installing bulletin/white boards, changing electrical plugs, assembling tables, chairs, and other furniture.
· Inspects building and grounds for potential safety or mechanical issues.
· Set up equipment for student events, board meetings, assemblies etc.
· Moving desks, chairs, assisting teachers with classroom set-up as needed.
· Distributes Supplies for administration, teachers and kitchen staff.
· Other duties as assigned.
Required Skills and Abilities:
· Work well with others.
· Ability to adjust to meet the needs administration and staff.
· Ability to maintain a safe clean environment for staff and students.
· Ability to communicate effectively with administration, staff and outside contractors as needed.
· Ability to move furniture and equipment for events.
· Ability to use common daily cleaners safely.
· Ability to use small equipment, tools; electric screwdriver, drill, sander, carpet cleaner.
· Ability to perform light maintenance and repair on furniture, equipment and facility.
· Ability to use Internet, email, two-way transmitter.
Standing/Walking 90% of the day. Involves bending, stooping, climbing stairs, kneeling, sqautting
Must be able to lift 40 lbs., Climb a ladder, push/pull, twist and twist and lift.
Discovery Charter School is an Equal Opportunity Employer. This company does not and will not discriminate in employment and personnel practices on the basis of race, sex, age, handicap, religion, national origin or any other basis prohibited by applicable law.